Tuesday, May 24, 2011

i love you friends forever

i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • gorgeousninja
    Apr 20, 10:35 AM
    Feel free to discuss the same things I am next time so that we can actually have a meaningful debate about it.

    Well let's just check we are 'on the same page then'..

    You agree Samsung have copied Apple, but only on things that you think don't really matter, while on the other hand anything where they don't look the same is terribly important..

    Okay, got it!





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • kenypowa
    Apr 27, 08:09 AM
    Funny comment from Engadget:

    Q: Why is my iphone tracking me?
    A: It's not. It's tracking networks and cell towers near wherever you go.

    Q: What is the difference between tracking me, and tracking the towers wherever I happen to go? Isn't that the same thing?
    A: No. Because it's crowd-sourced. Total crowd size = 1.

    Q: Umm. Ok? Soo. Why have you been keeping logs for the past year?
    A: That was a bug.

    Q: Then why was it unencrypted?
    A: That was a bug.

    Q: Right. Then why when I opted out did it ignore my choice?
    A: That was a bug.





    i love you friends forever. I Love You Forever Friends
  • I Love You Forever Friends



  • Agilus
    Aug 7, 05:06 PM
    As far as I know he can't, that's the difference. IT has to restore the file for you.
    Still, nothing fundamentally new, and definitely not Vista 2.0... ;)

    I don't think people are understanding the power of this tool. Sure, it backs stuff up, but what I like about it is that it's basically an automatic versioning (or configuration management) system built into the OS, tailored for a single user, with an intuitive way to search, view, and retrieve old versions. As far as I know, this hasn't been done before.

    I do my own personal writing and coding, and it's something I've wanted for a long time. I even considered setting up CVS on my computer so I could do it myself, but never got around to it.

    One thing that makes this better/different than other versioning systems, is that it is tailored for a single user. You don't get all the extra stuff that comes along with other version control software that deals with multiple users and file locking, etc. You just get the goodness of having all of your changes. Hopefully it can perform diffs (highlighting the differences between different versions), too!





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever. i
  • i love you friends forever. i



  • wmmk
    Aug 16, 10:42 PM
    Was there any doubt it wouldn't be a lot faster? I mean, I know it was already plenty fast, but come on...
    Well, not all gigahertz are created equally, and not apps are universal.





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • entatlrg
    Apr 6, 12:09 PM
    For most people the ipad is more useful than the air anyway imo. Yes i owned an air, the ipad 1, and now the ipad 2 and the air was just a watered down macbook pro more than the ipad is a scaled up ipod touch

    I completely disagree with that statement.

    Don't make that remark in the MacBook Air forum unless you enjoy a good debate :D





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • blackpond
    Apr 11, 04:37 PM
    This is bunk. Apple will not miss Christmas. Period, end of discussion.

    If the 5 launches a short while before Christmas, the supply constraints would be 10x worse than they are for the iPad right now.

    The only thing this rumor proves is that bloggers, speculators, and analysts are getting irritated with the lack of solid info compared to this time last year.

    Apple can create Christmas any day of the year.





    i love you friends forever. I love you! Friends Forever!
  • I love you! Friends Forever!



  • jackc
    Aug 7, 08:02 PM
    great . . . i just get a new macbook with tiger now i'm gonna have to get leopard . . . how much will this put me back?

    We're talking about at least 6 months before Leopard, it'll cost you $129 I think without an edu discount.





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever
  • i love you friends forever



  • notjustjay
    Nov 29, 09:14 AM
    If all of you on here bought all of your music either from iTunes or from a record store, then, absolutely, complain away if that dollar is passed on to you. But, which is likely in just about every case, you have a few songs you burned off a friend's CD or downloaded from a file-sharing site, then shut up, you are the reason this is necessary.

    You're welcome to audit my iPod. I guarantee you'll find nothing but legal tunes.

    Given your stance, I wonder how you feel about public libraries offering whole collections of CDs for patrons to "borrow". I think we all know what (many, not all) people are really doing with those CDs when they borrow them. Shouldn't we be doing something about these public institutions turning a blind eye to what is essentially sanctioned piracy?





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • littleman23408
    Dec 6, 08:15 PM
    I got an 03 Lotus Elise :rolleyes:

    Its a nice car, i just have no use for it. Idk if there are Lotus-only races later on so i didnt sell it yet.


    I noticed in my garage that theres an option for sharing cars online. I havent read the GT5 manual so i have no idea what it does, but i assume it would allow my PSN friends to drive my cars if i'm not using them. I shared my Citroen, if someone is logged on later check the Online tab of your garage and see if its there. Just dont put too many miles on it ;)

    Werd, I'll check later. I know I noticed you online earlier. I wanted to send you a message so we could race. I went in the lobby and was just :confused:

    So how do we go about setting up a two (or more) race?





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • Macinbest
    Aug 28, 01:50 AM
    They are indeed having support problems...

    I sent my iMac in for repairs at a service center on July 24th (they changed the power supply, HD, superdrive), and I didn't have the computer back until August 25th!!!! 32 days! :eek: :eek: :eek:

    Called the store many times and they were waiting for apple to ship the parts... called Apple and I was forwarded to their Dispatch dept. and indeed nothing had been sent.. :mad:

    I wonder... could I possibly complain enough to get my AppleCare reimbursed or something as a compensation.. I mean 32 days without my main computer... coding on a 12" ibook 600 has been rather aggravating.





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • Keebler
    Apr 6, 08:36 AM
    Let me be clear - FCS needs a robust blu-ray authoring feature. We don't live in a wireless world where you can transmit video free over the air. We still put disks in a player to watch and also preserve our video memories.

    Not having a good blu-ray authoring feature is a huge problem for Final Cut Studio. Not only does it impact professional wedding video-graphers, but ordinary people who want to put their video on a disk to send to people. I can't just put my video on netflix to have a friend watch it on his ROKU.

    I agree. For myself, I'm about to buy an HD camcorder now that my digital8 tape has stopped working. 2 issues confront me: 1. storage space for which I have an 8 TB raid set up and 2. delivery - ATV or iphone/ipod touch/ipad files and/or blu ray for archiving (being a physical copy).

    That's fine for me - but what about my clients? What are the normal joe blows out there doing for HD footage? I transfer home movies for folks so having an easier BR workflow within FCS would be nice.





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever
  • i love you friends forever



  • dba7dba
    Mar 31, 04:51 PM
    You're comparing a phone or a tablet to U.S. foreign policy? I'm sorry, I don't think gadgets are as important as that but apparently you do. I think you need a check on your perspective.

    How about
    1. I don't care what neighbors say as long as I can work on my car and rev up the engine, even at midnight.

    My point was 'I don't care what happens to others as long as I get what I want' is not good.





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever. forever I+love+you+friend+; forever I+love+you+friend+. noisycats. Mar 22, 05:10 PM
  • i love you friends forever. forever I+love+you+friend+; forever I+love+you+friend+. noisycats. Mar 22, 05:10 PM



  • MacNut
    Apr 27, 12:55 PM
    Why would the White House release a fake document, that would be the stupidest thing they could ever do. I will also go on record of saying I don't know what an official Hawaii certificate even looks like. That being said I know my short form birth certificate has an embossed seal on it. I have never seen my long form so I don't know what it looks like. Should there be official markings that would prove without a shadow of a doubt that this is legit.





    i love you friends forever. Love you. Real best friends
  • Love you. Real best friends



  • Analog Kid
    Apr 6, 02:04 PM
    Xoon...





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • aswitcher
    Aug 5, 09:25 PM
    *iChat Phone - Call numbers through iChat as part of .Mac... I guess you could make a conference with a combination of multiple phone numbers/iChatters.

    *Maps - A new application designed to compete with Google Earth, but of course be much, much snazzier. Apparently, the next MBP would include a GPS chip so that you could see a "You Are Here" on the map.


    I am hoping the iPhone has BT and GPS, and links to Maps on your Mac! :eek:





    i love you friends forever. Friends for ever I love you
  • Friends for ever I love you



  • MattInOz
    Apr 6, 11:30 PM
    Although the only thing that will ultimately matter is what Apple releases on Tuesday, if you want to get an inkling as to why FCP development has been at loggerheads since do yourself a favour and read a couple articles from Philip Hodgett's blog on FCP, QTkit, Cocoa, and it's unfortunate collision with OSX's 64 bit platform development.

    http://www.philiphodgetts.com/category/technology/apple-pro-apps/

    Which has been in development longer FCP overhaul or iPhone?
    AV foundation was overkill for iOS from the outset so that would suggest is was always intended for FCP.

    His articles have a funny assumption that the OS team has the most secrecy.
    Surely the more valuable projects Like FCP have greater access to information and the greater control over when the broader company gets to see their work. Sure they would have been trumped to iPhone team who would seem to have free reign. The CoreOS team would seem like they are the most open their job is to turn the private API's developed by the product teams into to a public developer platform. A lot of their work is even open source.





    i love you friends forever. I Love You
  • I Love You



  • skunk
    Apr 27, 01:29 PM
    Who said I supported Bush? He's not conservative enough for me.Hell, the Pope's not conservative enough for you.

    I know a lot about alcoholism and codependence because my mother is a nurse who specialized in treating alcoholics and other drug addicts and in counseling them. You don't help an alcoholic by protecting him from the consequences of his actions. The protection can help him make even bigger mistakes. I've seen that happen in many families I know of that include alcoholics. I also know about entitled welfare recipients who abuse social programs by demanding too much from social programs, by getting it, and by defrauding them. I saw the entitlement firsthand when a relative of mine was a landlord who rented houses to welfare recipients. Welfare recipients ruined a house, my relative kept the security deposit, and then the family got the Department of Social Services to put them into a house for twice the rent my relative charged. But the family still had the nerve to complain that my relative had overcharged it.Ah, how I've missed the heartwarming, anecdotal and utterly irrelevant evidence you bring to a topic.





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • Popeye206
    Mar 31, 03:47 PM
    Adobe showing how the iPad is only for consumption and not worth their time. (http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/03/30/adobe.photoshop.for.ipad.to.get.layers/)

    Yeah... that's why they are "wasting their time" building a prototype. :rolleyes:

    Adobe see's 15 million seats and growing fast.





    i love you friends forever. i love you friends forever.
  • i love you friends forever.



  • shawnce
    Jul 27, 04:19 PM
    This may be a bit of a disappointment, but I think that Merom is still in the "past:" merom is not a 64-bit chip. None of these Core 2's are. They just have EM64T (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EM64T), which allows them to address more than 4 GB of memory directly. These are not true 64-bit processors like the G5--that is, the Core 2 Duo won't work with 64-bit applications.

    You are incorrect. The Core 2 family of processors are 64 bit processors.... they support 64 bit integer math, they support load/store using 64 bit virtual addresses (also at least 40 bit of physical), sport 64 bit wide register file, they support the larger register set enabled by EM64T, etc.

    They are 64 bit just like the G5 (PPC 970/FX/MP) is 64 bit (granted 64 bit support on PowerPC chips is a little more transparent).

    The Itanium is a completely different type of ISA of which 64 bit support is only one feature.





    lieb39
    Aug 7, 06:49 PM
    ...

    If time machine lets you preview the contents of documents before you restore them, instead of going restore... is it that one? nope, try this one? nope... ah here we go found it. then hot damm thats a slick new feature

    Well it looked like just a normal finder window in the Quicktime on the Apple site, so I'm sure you could open it, explore it, all that, before restoring..

    Cheers!





    LightSpeed1
    Apr 6, 05:06 PM
    What a joke of a tablet. Nothing but a piece of crap.Agreed.





    carmenodie
    Apr 7, 11:13 PM
    Best Buy is trash!!!
    My girlfriend went looking for a ps3 120 in 2009 for my xmas gift but they said they only had the 250 models. Well, she got me the 250 but just two days later Best Buy had them 120s piled high a mother******!
    And if any of you remember Elmo Gate from back in the day the same thing. No tickle me Elmos in Wallgreens but a day after xmas they were everywhere.





    macgeek2005
    Aug 19, 06:08 PM
    I'm sure you know this. But just a reminder that you would be dealing with an extremely fragile and tricky upgrade process that could destroy your motherboard or fry the processor without the latest cooling system from Apple. Just my own caution against attempting this. Not worth the risk I think. There will be a better video card with the Dual Clovertown Mac Pro as well as other changes to the system fixing bugs discovered between now and then. Too many changes in the works for me to want to fool with such a complex system.

    You make me mad you know that? All over the boards I see your posts with your weird avatar and your extremely critical opinions on everything. Why don't you wait until 2010 and get a 32 core system from intel. Why don't you wait until nobody uses computers anymore. This is just a phase in the history of the world. There will be something beyond computers in another few hundred years. Why buy a computer if it'll be obsolete at some point?

    Professional users are out there using G5 towers and even G4's. They're using MacBook Pro's, which are much less powerfull than the Quad Mac Pro right now. I mean, what's your problem? Will there ever be a computer good enough for you?

    There are people like you out there, but i've never met a case as extreme as you. I mean, you even went as far as to say that theres very little you can do with 4 cores. Where the **** did you pull that from? Actually, don't answer that question.

    I think that you're secretly some evil worker from microsoft trying to stall people from buying Mac Pro's!

    If everyone could all of a sudden comprehend exactly how powerful the current machines are, anyone who was thinking of buying one, would buy one.

    But you're out here with your "Clovertown is better" and your "Bugs must be worked out" and your this and your that.

    You know what? I have three Rev. A iMac Core Duo's in my house, and not a single one of them has had a bug, a crash, a freeze, or a problem of any sort. Rev. A.

    HMMM. Maybe Apple does know how to do Rev. A. Just sometimes? Maybe? Perhaps?

    Especially with their Quad Xeon 64 Bit Workstation which they've been working on for over a year?

    Do you realise that in the procces of making these computers they work out the bugs themselves? They use the computers, and find all the bugs possible, and work them out?

    What do you think all those apple workers have been doing for the last year and a half, if not working out bugs on their machines?

    For anyone out there who has been needlessly influenced by this guy to wait for a system that will only be outdated by the one that will come after it, please uninfluence yourself, and buy the stupid computer that you want, when you want it.

    Jeeshh!!





    Lotso
    Apr 11, 01:03 PM
    Analysts can just shove it. Complete BS all over the place. So.. according to them, we're going to have OSX Lion, iOS5, iPhone5, new iPods AND iPad 3... ALL IN THE FALL?! Complete bull. Oh, and throw in macbook pro updates for the later part of the fall, as usual. Just think about that for a second.

    Now, let me remember, when was the last time they were wrong.. oh wait, that's right, iPad 2. Last I remember, it was, you won't see it till May/June at the earliest. WRONG. And after analysts vs. bloggers report, it seems bloggers are more right than analysts.

    Anyways, after the 1st paragraph I wrote, I have no doubt in my mind that this is impossible. Last time Apple tried something like this, if I recall, it was Mobile Me, iPhone 3G + iOS2. It was a mess. Jobs himself said it was a mistake (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10006873-93.html) they'll never make again. So, when thinking about everything that is rumored by analysts to be coming out this fall, yeah, don't think so.:rolleyes:

    Edit: Don't get me started on how much their sales would be and strain on supplies having a huge item (iPhone) not only just going on sale, but going on sale leading into holiday season. That's 2x the demand of just releasing during the summer, and we all know how much of a demand that causes.

    And going to the guy who said iPhone 3 brought 3GS, what the heck is that? There is 3G, no 3GS (technology wise). It's only a naming convention apple used. Like when cars use SE or GLS. All the did was add a camera, and maybe something else hardware wise.

    Edit 2: ipad 2 entered production 1 month b4 apple announcing, so no freak'n 3 months as I've heard around rumor sites.

    Thank you! Finally some sense. Any so called "analyst" would be an idiot to claim that Apple will be releasing that many products all within the fall.
    You are a much better analyst than the guy from Avian Securities. Arn should make a post saying, "Macrumors forum analyst drewyboy claims the iPhone 5 will launch right on schedule."



    No comments:

    Post a Comment